Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day Special

Thanksgiving day is one of my favorite holidays of the entire year. More than Christmas, more than New Years. Since this is my first thanksgiving "on my own," so to speak, I was very excited to cook a full meal for myself (and cook I did--it was delicious!). The one thing that I was most excited about was a green bean casserole--this is what makes Thanksgiving for me. There is nothing like a hot piping spoonful of green beans with Turkey and mashed potatoes to make the holiday come alive.

What You Need:
- Two (2) cans Green Beans, drained
- Large can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup of Milk
- French Fried Onions
- Casserole dish

What You Do:
- Open and drain Green Beans into casserole dish
- Add milk
- Open Cream of Mushroom soup and stir in with milk and beans - save some for later
- Add French Fried Onions, and mix well. Top with a bit more of the Mushroom soup
- Put in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Take out and top with more of the Fried Onions. Put back in oven for 5 minutes until Onions are golden brown.
- Let stand roughly 5 - 10 minutes before serving.

Enjoy, and remember to give thanks for all the blessings in your lives!

No comments: