Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Roast Beef Sandwich

Now I know this recipe is really simple, but it was one of my best sandwich experiments yet, so I feel it is worthy of sharing. Toasting the bread is essential; it adds so much to the crispness of the lettuce. It's like a BLT, only lacking bacon and tomato.

2 pieces of bread
2 slices of provolone cheese
1-2 slices of roast beef
Lettuce
Mayo

Toast the two pieces of bread. While it's toasting, break off some leaves from the cabbage and slice them into long strips (I believe this is what is called "lettuce". I'm not familiar with cabbage-related terminology, so bare with me). When the toast's done, spread the mayo onto both slices. Put a layer of lettuce on both slices (the mayo helps the lettuce stick). Then break up the slices of roast beef, and lay them on one slice of toast. Place the remaining slice of toast on top of the meat. Devour.

No comments: